8 Reasons Your B2B Website Is Ready For A Redesign!
By Dawn Gadless | Business Development Director
At eMagine, we like to say your website is your most visible face, and you always want to put your best face forward. Is your website turning potential customers and prospects away? Could it be better optimized via design for conversions? We have broken down eight reasons why you need to think about a redesign today.
1) Your Website Is A Dinosaur: When was the last time you redesigned your website? With changing design styles, trends, and technologies, a site that is even 2 years old can look outdated and boring. Your website establishes immediate credibility no matter what size company you are 24/7, it is worth the time to perfect.
2) Your Website Doesn’t “Work” On All Devices: In 2014 and beyond your website has to be responsive and “mobile friendly”. Even our Grandparents and children are using iPads and smartphones. In 2014, mobile Internet is officially taking over desktop internet usage.
3) Your Website Is Hard To Use And Confusing: Is there a “contact us” section or phone number immediately visible? Can a prospect tell in 30 seconds what your company does? Do you have clear and concise messaging? There are detailed studies and blogs about the effectiveness of layout to increase conversion rates. You have to make your website as easy as it can be for users to find the information they need and get in contact with you.
4) Your Content Management System Is Outdated Or Proprietary: Consider an open source CMS. We prefer WordPress for many reasons, detailed in one of our previous blogs. A complicated CMS can prohibit you from actively changing your website to reflect SEO best practices and add new and fresh content.
5) You Are Not Coming Up In The Search Engines: You should have a search engine/online marketing strategy in place. If you can’t do it yourself or don’t have the time, hire an expert or agency that specializes in SEO and online marketing with a proven track record and good customer testimonials.
6) Your Content Is Hard To Find: Is it hard to find your company’s blog? If your website is designed in a way that makes your blog difficult to find or read, then you could be limiting the opportunities your blog can offer you. New designs that offer an RSS feed on your homepage can help make it easier for visitors to view your content, Is your website missing a blog? Having relevant content in place and updating a blog regularly keeps you in good standing with the search engines. The more content you post, the more regularly your site will be crawled and indexed. Do your research and take a close look at what your competitors are doing and what they are doing well. Identify your keywords or keyphrases and include them in your site. Always be learning. Make sure you subscribe to current SEO blogs and articles to stay informed.
7) You Have No Calls To Action: Make your leads do something. How many times have you “changed your mind” and clicked off a website because the form was annoying, asked too many questions, and took too much of your time? Have clear calls to action (CTA’s) as well as an intuitive design throughout your website in order to keep visitors engaged and encourages them to take action. For example, forms should be simple and ask for only the necessary information.
8) You Have No Social Media Presence: In this day and age you need to hop aboard the Social Media networking train if for no other reason than to establish credibility. You can use these outlets to post relevant content, become a thought leader in your industry, and refer traffic back to your website. Americans spend an average of 1/2 an hour a day on Social Media and 83% of B2B marketers invest in social media to increase brand exposure according to Social Media Today. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and YouTube are all important outlets for your B2B marketing efforts and should be easy to find and well integrated on your website. For example, if your current website design does not clearly feature social media icons or visitors are forced to search around your site for them, you are missing out on potential opportunities.
Having an optimized website that not only provides users and prospects with an understanding of what you do, but gives them an idea of who you are, cannot be overestimated. If you would like to learn more about innovative website design, give us a call at 877.530.7993.