Web Hosting Technical Support Representative
emagine, a leading Digital Agency for B2B, Technology and Healthcare, is seeking a skilled Web Hosting Technical Support Representative with excellent Linux skills for full time employment in our Fall River, MA headquarters or our Delray Beach, FL office. Remote employees are also welcome to apply.
As a Web Hosting Technical Support Representative at Emagine, you will be part of a team providing escalated issue support to our customers, including issues on Web Server and Mail Servers.
- Demonstrating the ability to diagnose complex customer application issues and provide quick and accurate solutions within a collaborative environment.
- Taking ownership of issues from identification through resolution.
- Providing technical support for Level I issues via helpdesk and the telephone.
- Providing fellow system administrators and support representatives with technical support and guidance.
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as NGINX, Apache, MySQL, and Exim.
What you need:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
- Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changed environment and follow instructions from supervisors and senior colleagues.
- Outstanding customer service skills and a dedication to the customer service experience.
- Dependable to be at work during assigned shifts and to complete work as expected.
- Ability to debug and troubleshoot scripting languages such as PHP, bash, and perl.
- Advanced knowledge of the cPanel/WHM control panel.
- Advanced knowledge of the Linux operating system.
- Knowledge of bash and perl shell scripting.
- Knowledge of FTP, DNS and Mail Protocols.
- Advanced knowledge of NGINX, Apache, MySQL, and Exim.
- Flexible schedule.
- Amazon Web Services experience is a plus.
- Windows, IIS and SQL Server Skills are a big bonus.
What you’ll get:
- Medical, Dental, 401k
- Paid Time Off and Company Paid Holidays
- To Wear Jeans Everyday
- Awesome Company Parties
- A free VPS
- To participate in contest such as: Tennis, Wiffle Ball, Cook Offs and Costume, to name a few.
- To have fun!
As a support team member you’ll be the first point of contact for our customers. Interacting via chat, ticket queue and/or phone, you’ll utilize your tech knowledge and customer savvy to find technical solutions for our customers.
Ready to Apply…
Highlight your customer service, web hosting and linux experience on your resume. If you’ve hosted a website or blog using WordPress, Joomla or Drupal, send us the information, we’d love to see it.