I couldn’t think of a better occasion than today to introduce to our readers, Jessie, my 6-pound all white Chihuahua. Jessie is rather different from most dogs, as she spends her days trying to gain more knowledge on business and the digital marketing world. So much that the other day when I got home Jessie asked me, “Senorita, what is the secret to a killer website?” I figured the easiest way to explain was to compare it to something she was familiar with…a margarita! Yes, that’s right, Jessie loves margaritas (on the rocks, extra salt…and don’t forget the umbrella!).
To help our spicy little brand evangelist gain a better understanding of a killer B2B website, I pulled some “recipes” from my favorite digital marketing experts to show her it’s just like a killer margarita. If you want it to taste right, you have to use all the correct ingredients and always, always, always measure!
So in honor of Cinco de Mayo, here are 5 ingredients for a successful website margarita mix:
- Responsive – A B2B website must work on all devices. Not only do you want your prospects and customers to be able to enjoy your site perfectly anytime, anywhere, but as of recently, Google officially made “mobile-friendliness” a ranking factor and your website will be penalized if it is not built for mobile devices.
- Content Management System – It’s 2015, and we now have the ability to manage our B2B websites without having to go through developers. A good CMS, like WordPress, is the secret ingredient to any successful website project.
- SEO-Friendly Architecture – You have this awesome website, but it means nothing if no one can find it, use it or enjoy it. Similar to a poorly mixed margarita, poor site architecture can lead to indexing issues, inefficient conversion rate optimization, and other SEO consequences. A website without this ingredient is sure to leave your visitors with a bad taste in their mouth.
- Design – We all know that the quality of ingredients can make or break a margarita, right? Well the same goes for the quality of design on your website. This ingredient gives your visitors an immediate positive (or negative) perception of your brand and services you provide.
- Content – A successful content strategy is a must have for a B2B website and having a blog is a necessity. Not only does a good content marketing strategy help your business rank better in the search engines, it also allows potential prospects to see that you are an expert in your industry.
Thankfully, these 5 ingredients helped Jessie get a better understanding of what a high-performance website should look like, so I hope it helps you too! And as always, if you find yourself forgetting an ingredient, emagine’s team of digital marketing experts is always here to help!