About the Position
We’re seeking a Junior WordPress/PHP/MySQL developer with excellent front-end knowledge to join our development team.
Your job will consist of everything from complete websites to small maintenance projects. Plug-in research and customization are a significant part of the role.
Employment type: Full-time
Location: emagine HQ in Fall River, MA. Remote candidates welcome to apply.
*Must be able to show examples of complex systems you’ve worked on.
- Solid understanding of web development best practices
- Skilled in HTML and CSS with a focus on cross browser support
- Understanding of how to interact with WordPress and third-party APIs
- Ability to turn Sketch or PSD files into a WordPress theme
- Strong understanding of PHP from a WordPress perspective
- Complete website development to smaller web maintenance projects, product catalog websites and e-commerce
- Plugin research and customization
- Uncanny ability (and desire) to “dive-in” to unfamiliar systems and learn on the fly
- Ability and willingness to work on a team using a unified/documented development and coding style
Technical Skills Required
- Minimum year of experience from scratch with WordPress theme development.
- Version control (Git or Subversion).
2+ years in:
- PHP development.
- MySQL experience.
- Plugin development
- Joomla and Drupal
- CSS Preprocessors
- (Sass, Less or Stylus).
We’re growing and looking for top-tier web design and digital marketing talent. Always seeking to strike that perfect workplace balance of “flexible structure”, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit and for every team member to truly own their position.
Some Cool Perks:
- Opportunity to collaboratively work with top-tier talent
- Medical, Dental and 401K
- Competitive salary
- Paid Personal Days
- CodePen Pro Account
- Participate in volunteerism and giving back to the community including some great organizations.
- Free Snacks
Examples of your best work with highlights of using WordPress
Come join our team!