About the Opportunity
Corporate site: https://www.emagine.com/
emagineHealth is seeking an experienced WordPress Developer to join our growing team. The right candidate will not only love WordPress and web development, but also love the idea of having an impact on lives.
emagineHealth (https://www.emaginehealth.com/) is the Digital-First agency for Healthcare and Life Sciences. With 26 years in business and unmatched web development and digital marketing experience in the Health sectors, you’ll be joining a team of elite web professionals.
Our clients are improving, extending and saving lives – and we help connect them with the people in the world who need them through websites, portals, microsites and various supporting digital marketing activities.
Employment Type: Full-time with Salary and Benefits
Location: Remote (US Based Only)
We are looking for someone that has an understanding of how to build themes and plugins utilizing both industry and WordPress development best practices.
You will be responsible for back-end and front-end development on a wide range of projects that vary from small brochure sites to highly designed sites with several third-party integrations.
emagine has developed a starter theme you will use as a foundation along with a suite of plugins for quickly deploying common features, but no project is the same. Research and customization are a significant part of this job. Whether it be for a third-party plugin, an API, or building something completely new; you’re expected to learn on the fly.
If you are the type of person that thrives on creating solutions that are both functionally sound and easy for a non-technical person to use, this role will be a perfect fit for you.
This position is open in both our Ongoing Client Services and Website Development departments. The Ongoing Client Services department is where ongoing support and shorter duration projects are done. The Website Development department is where projects of longer durations (typically full website redesigns) are done.
Location: Remote (US Based Only)
The Kind of Things You Will Work On
- WordPress REST API integrations
- Custom React Gutenberg blocks
- Create easy to use admin tailored to clients needs using Advanced Custom Fields
- Third-party search integrations (like Swiftype and Algolia)
- Google Maps & Geolocation APIs
- Marketing automation tool integrations: Salesforce, Pardot, Marketo, etc.
- ClinicalTrial.gov API integration
- Performance audits/fixes for Core Web Vitals
- Custom plugin development
- Implementing AA Accessibility standards
- Create/maintain responsive WordPress themes using emagine’s unified coding standards and workflow
- Create/maintain extendible WordPress plugins based on specifications
- Work with development team on internal projects that create efficiencies for our client work
- Plugin research and customization
- Conduct peer-review of other team members code
- Assist in the scoping of project requirements
- Share project learnings or topics of interest in departmental meetings
- Assess, suggest and implement changes for theme and plugin performance issues
- Meet agreed upon deadlines as defined by you and a Project Manager
- Communicate the status of your work to the Project Manager and relevant project team members
- Participate in internal and client project meetings
- Update helpdesk tickets with internal notes and statuses
- Track time within our company defined time tracking tool
- General website enhancements and bug fixes requested by our Clients
Tools You’ll Use
- PHP CodeSniffer / WordPress Coding Standards
- Understanding of WordPress theme and plugin structure/hierarchy, template tags, custom post meta, internationalization, and escaping/sanitization of data.
- Experience with extending WordPress functionality utilizing WordPress best practices
- Experience in using custom post types and taxonomies
- Understanding native PHP functions
- Experience in writing, extending and using PHP classes and objects
- Experience in front-end development with a focus on cross browser support
- Experience using CSS preprocessors like Sass, Less or Stylus
- Familiar with utilizing the WordPress REST API
- Familiar with building custom Gutenberg blocks with React
- Familiar with creating integrations with third-party APIs
- Understanding of performance best practices and Core Web Vitals
- Familiar with debugging best practices
- Experience using a version control system like git or subversion
- Experience using NPM and task runners/bundlers like Gulp, Grunt and Webpack.
- Uncanny ability (and desire) to dive-in and learn unfamiliar systems and tools
- A passion for work that impacts the world
- A passion for WordPress and web development
- Strategic thinker with a keen focus on client success
- Strong collaborative verbal and written communication skills
- Both analytical and creative
- Organized and deadline driven
- Ability to work well within a full digital marketing team
Perks of Joining the emagine Team
- Opportunity to collaboratively work with top-tier talent
- A “family-like” environment will make you feel at home from your first day
- No micromanaging or breathing down your neck
- A culture of trust, appreciation for one another, and respect
- A company that recognizes that work can’t always be fun, but strives every day to keep it fun and enjoyable
- On the job training and development
- Medical and Dental insurance
- 401(k) with match
- Employee referral incentive
- “HeyTaco” app on Slack allows employees to give thanks, praise and accolades to coworkers and cashed in for rewards or donated to charity
- Competitive salary
- Fitness/Wellness Reimbursement
- Paid vacation
- Personal days
- Opportunity to give back to the community
**U.S. based applications only please.