About the Position
emagine is seeking a WordPress Developer to join our growing development team in Fall River, MA or as a remote employee. We are looking for someone that has a deep understanding of how to build themes and plugins utilizing both industry and WordPress development best practices.
This is a full-stack development position. You will be responsible for back-end and front-end development on a wide range of projects. The complexity of these projects can vary from small brochure sites to product catalogs, WooCommerce sites, and gated company portals.
Plugin research and customization are a significant part of this job. If you are the type of person that thrives on creating solutions that are both functionally sound and easy for a non-technical person to use, this role will be a perfect fit for you.
- Create responsive WordPress themes using emagine’s unified coding standards and workflow
- Create extendible WordPress plugins based on specifications
- Work with development team on internal projects that create efficiencies for our client work
- Plugin research and customization
- Assist in the scoping of project requirements
- Assess, suggest and implement changes for theme and plugin performance issues
- Meet agreed upon deadlines as defined by you and a Project Manager
- Communicate the status of your work to the Project Manager and relevant project team members
- Participate in internal and client project meetings
- Track time within our company defined time tracking tool
- Solid understanding of WordPress and PHP Development best practices
- Skilled in front-end development with a focus on cross browser support
- Experience using CSS preprocessors like Sass, Less or Stylus
- Experience utilizing the WordPress REST API
- Experience building custom Gutenberg blocks
- Experience with integrating third-party APIs with WordPress
- Experience using a version control system like git or subversion
- Experience using NPM and task runners like Gulp or Grunt
- Uncanny ability (and desire) to dive-in and learn unfamiliar systems and tools
emagine, a national Digital Marketing and Web Design Agency growing and looking for top-tier web design and digital marketing talent both in-house in Fall River, MA or remote. Always seeking to strike that perfect workplace balance of “flexible structure”, we encourage an entrepreneurial spirit and for every team member to truly own their position.
Perks and Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to collaboratively work with top-tier talent
- On the job training and development
- Medical and Dental insurance
- Wellness program
- Paid vacation
- Paid personal days and holiday