10 years ago, one of the most popular social media networks was born. Today, Twitter serves as a powerful platform for sharing interesting and engaging content with the world. In honor of their 10th birthday, we’re sharing 10 facts you may not have known about Twitter.
10 Things You Didn’t Know About Twitter Until Now
- There are 500 million tweets sent every day.
- While twitter limits tweets to 140-characters, its recommended to stay within 120 to allows other users to retweet without going over the limit.
- The twitter bird has a name, Larry, who was coined after the Boston Celtics legend, Larry Bird.
- It took 3 years, 2 months and 1 day to go from 1 tweet to 1 billion tweets.
- “MT” is not a typo. It means “modified tweet” and is used to show when a user retweets an original tweet with their own modifications.
- It’s an unwritten rule that Twitter employees cannot have verified accounts.
- Users who’ve gained a verification badge will lose it if they change their handle name.
- Twitter introduced Moments in 2015 to share instant access to the unfolding stories going on throughout the day.
- Tweets with infographics receive 835% more retweets than those without.
- With users across the globe, Twitter is available in 25 different languages.
Are you celebrating the #LoveTwitter today? Tell us by tweeting us at @emagineusa!