About the position
We’re seeking a skilled mid-level or advanced WordPress/PHP/MySQL developer with excellent front-end knowledge. Must be able to show examples of complex systems you’ve worked on.
Employment type: Full-time
Location: emagine HQ in Fall River, MA. Remote candidates welcome to apply.
- Solid understanding of web development best practices
- Skilled in HTML and CSS with a focus on cross browser support
- Understanding of how to interact with WordPress and third-party APIs
- Ability to turn Sketch or PSD files into a WordPress theme
- Strong understanding of PHP from a WordPress perspective
- Complete website development to smaller web maintenance projects, product catalog websites and e-commerce
- Plugin research and customization
- Uncanny ability (and desire) to “dive-in” to unfamiliar systems and learn on the fly
- Ability and willingness to work on a team using a unified/documented development and coding style
- Minimum year of experience with from scratch WordPress theme development. Plugin development experience a plus.
- 2-5 years WordPress experience. Joomla and Drupal experience a plus.
- 2-5 years (minimum) of experience with PHP development.
- 2-5 years MySQL experience.
- Experience using CSS Preprocessors is a plus (Sass, Less or Stylus).
- Experience using version control (Git or Subversion).
Perks of working at emagine
- Opportunity to collaboratively work with top-tier talent
- Competitive salary
- Medical + dental coverage
- 401k benefits + matching
- CodePen Pro Account
- Paid time off + Paid holidays
- Awesome company parties
- Participate in games/contests including (but not limited to): Tennis, wiffle ball, cook offs, costume contests