Both the web design and online marketing teams are frequently asked about landing page best practices. So how should you build your landing page to increase conversions? Follow our list of design and SEO best practices in order to create your perfect landing page.
- The two column layout is much more effective in converting leads. You should feature an action item on the right side of the page (your form can often act as your action item) since we read left to right, top to bottom in English. So, our eyes end up on the right hand side, thus the ideal place for an action.
- You should include your phone number in the upper right to allow leads who are extremely interested in your offerings the option of contacting you directly.
- With your form, the fewer fields you use and the fewer you require, the more likely someone is going to fill out the form. Most people don’t want to feel like they’re filling out a credit application just to see a PDF or video. In a perfect world, the only required fields you would have on your form should be “First Name, Last Name and Email Address.” Phone Number and Company Name would be optional.
- The very clear “Call to Action”, like, “WATCH NOW!” on your submit button is much more effective than having your button just read, “Submit”. That default wording can have a negative connotation. So, it is more effective to have some sort of action-based wording to encourage them to fill out the form. Similar to the infomercials you see on TV – “BUY NOW!!”, but done in a more appropriate way for business.
- Keep user experience in mind. Including an image on the page helps the page feel more appealing. It also provides a great way to visually support the text. The landing page would be pretty bland, and not very inviting if we removed the image.
- While we recommend a specific pared down layout for your landing pages, it should still feel like it’s part of the your main site. The look and feel on your landing pages should be consistent with your main website, but should be appropriate to the situation. The user isn’t going to feel like they’ve gone to another company’s website when they click to your main website after converting. That consistent look and feel is key to the users having confidence in your company, especially when you’re asking for their information.
Emagine specializes in creating effective B2B landing pages that improve your conversion rate. Contact our B2B Online Marketing Firm now to learn more.